I hope it’s an inspiring and successful writing year for you.
This year on Writing Classes For Kids we’re going to be featuring authors talking about their writing, and offering their own special writing tips.
If you’re an author who would like to be featured, and tell us about how you write, email me Dee@deescribe.com.au
If you’re a writer, I hope you will enjoy the tips being provided on this site.
To start the series, I have five tips here:
5 WRITING TIPS
- The reader has to get to know your main character right at the start of your story. They have to care about this character and want to know what’s going to happen to them next.
- You have to hook the reader into the story so there must be some sort of action or your character has to do something interesting.
- Your story must get more and more exciting as it progresses – this will keep the reader reading.
- Listen to people talk (the words they use and the way they use them) and watch the way they behave when they are talking. Try to incorporate what you have learned when you have people talking in your story.
- Edit your work. Read your story out loud – this will help you identify where you have repeated words or the story is a bit boring.
I hope you find these tips helpful.