Welcome to a new writing competition for kids.
Please read the guidelines carefully as there are new requirements for this competition.
The theme of this competition is “A Day in My Life”.
Your story could be about the best day, the worst day, an ordinary day or some other day in your life.
Your story can be true (non-fiction) or made up (fiction)
* * * This competition is open for the month of June only * * *
NEW ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. Stories MUST NOT be longer than 500 words.
2. Due to the number of entries we receive, unfortunately, we can only allow only ONE entry per person.
3. Stories must be emailed to Dee@deescribe.com.au by 30 June, 2014
4. In the Subject line of your email, please include the name of the competition, your name, your story name and your age.
5. This competition is for KIDS only. It is not open to adults.
6. Stories MUST be copied and pasted into the body of the email. They MUST NOT be sent as an attachment. Your entry should look like this:
These competitions are specifically designed for kids who love to write – so teachers, please don’t use this as a class writing activity or a translation activity.
In order to keep these competitions FREE, I have to keep administration expenses down so I’m not equipped to deal with thousands or even hundreds of entries.
Please only encourage your enthusiastic writers to enter. I cannot accept whole class entries.
If you wish to run a competition for your class or at your school, here are some tips on how to do it.
I look forward to reading your entries. Please let me know if you have any questions about this competition. Leave your questions in the comments section of this post or email me Dee@deescribe.com.au