Tuti and I have been been blown away by the number and standard of the entries in the November writing competition. We will notify you by email of the outcome of your entry within two weeks and winners will be announced on this blog.
Thanks to author, J E Fison for donating her Hazard River books for our November competition.
DECEMBER WRITING COMPETITION – SCARY STORIES
Starting today is our December Writing Competition.
US author, Laura Elliott is our featured author this month and she has kindly agreed to donate e-books of her YA novels Winnemucca and 13 on Halloween. As well as these great prizes there will be other books and manuscript assessments to win!
In keeping with the theme of Laura’s books, this month’s competition is Scary Stories of 500 WORDS OR LESS.
There will be three categories in the competition:
- 8-12 year olds
- 13-17 years
On your covering email, please advise which category your are entering.
- Manuscript assessment of your 500 word story plus an additional 500 words.
- Great books including Laura Elliott’s Winnemucca and Thirteen on Halloween
COST TO ENTER
- FREE: There is no cost to enter this competition
HOW TO ENTER
1.Submit a 500 word scary story you have written.
2.You MUST submit it in this format:
- 12 point type…Arial or Times Roman
- double spaced (spacing between lines)
- A4 sized page
- 3cm margins all the way around your page
3. Submit your entry by email to Dee@deescribe.com.au
4.Please put “Scary Story Submission” in the subject line of your email. In the subject line please also include ‘your name’ and the ‘name of your story’.
5. Competition opens 1st December and closes 31st December (Australian time)
Happy writing and Good Luck!
* * *TELL STORIES IN COMICS* * *
Don’t miss tomorrow’s great guest post by Susan Stephenson (AKA The Book Chook)