The Good News – I have received HUNDREDS of entries from young writers all over the world. This is fantastic!:)
The Bad News – A large number of entries have not followed submission guidelines. This means:
IF YOU LEFT THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL BLANK, YOUR ENTRY MIGHT HAVE BEEN DELETED …
1. If you left the ‘subject’ line of your email blank, your entry has probably gone to the spam folder and been deleted. I’m sorry, I have no control over this. You still have time to resend it.
If you are resending, PLEASE follow the submission guidelines at the bottom of this post.
IF YOU DON’T SUBMIT ENTRIES IN THE CORRECT FORMAT, I WON’T BE ABLE TO KEEP RUNNING THESE FREE COMPETITIONS.
2. I have spent many hours writing to people who haven’t followed the guidelines to find out things like the age group you are entering or because the story hasn’t been submitted in the right format and I can’t read it. If I can’t read it, I can’t judge it.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to keep running these free competitions if people don’t submit their entries properly because of the time it takes to chase things up.
I really want to keep running these competitions and I really want you to keep writing. PLEASE, check and double check your entries before you send them to make sure they follow the submission guidelines:
- All stories MUST BE written in English
- 12 point font
- double spaced
- fiction entries of no more than 500 words (no picture books)
- one entry per person
- Put ‘writing competition, name of story and your age’ in the ‘subject line of your email.
- Send as a ‘Word Document’ attachment or pasted into the body of your email
- Send it to email@example.com
Thanks for your entries. Please email me if you have any questions about this. Please follow the guidelines. I don’t want anyone’s entry to be left out of the competition.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED! IT CLOSED ON 30TH NOVEMBER. THERE WILL BE A NEW COMPETITION IN 2014. KEEP READING THIS BLOG FOR DETAILS!