Chris is a writing fellow at a Michigan College where he’s currently a student. He says you always learn something new about writing when tutoring other students. Reardon is always searching for exciting books to read, especially new authors.
Obstacles is Reardon’s first novel. He says fantasy adventure books have always been an interest, because they challenge the mind and send you on an epic journey.
A child will die. You’re afraid to live. Would you go to all lengths to save him? Darkness knows no bounds, as Alcott, an African American doctor sees all too well. The man is petrified by death. His fragile existence rests at the mercy of the universe. This fact is far too much for him to handle. From unyielding nightmares to elevator terrors, he’s lost in paranoia.
- I never forced myself to have new ideas or continue the story. If I couldn’t think of what to do, I would take a break. At one point the break was even 2 and a half weeks! When I would eventually get inspired, then I would continue.
- Don’t be afraid to change stuff. It’s okay to have to go back and alter the story, characters, etc. That’s what makes it fun!
- Don’t give up. A book is A LOT of words, but A LOT of fun.
- You don’t have to plan it all out from the beginning. I changed pretty much EVERYTHING as I want. You get a whole new perspective every time you look at it.
- Keep at it! It can be so easy to just throw in the towel because it’s too much work. Don’t let go of great ideas just because you’re afraid you can’t finish them. Yes, you can!
Chris’s book is available on Amazon.
If you have a question for Chris, feel free to ask it in the comments section of this blog.