FREE WRITING COMPETITION FOR KIDS – CLOSES 31 JULY 2015
*** RESULTS TO BE ANNOUNCED MID AUGUST ***
The theme for this competition is ‘Fall’.
A NOTE TO TEACHERS
I run these competitions for the enjoyment of kids who love to write.
Due to the hundreds of entries I receive, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t use this competition as a translation activity, or homework for students who are likely to feel pressured or stressed by being forced to enter stories.
Thank you for your understanding
1. Stories MUST NOT be longer than 500 words.
2. Due to the number of entries we receive, unfortunately, we can only allow only ONE entry per person.
3. Stories must be emailed to Dee*at*deescribe*dot*com*dot*au by 31 July, 2015.
4. In the Subject line of your email, please include the name of the competition, your name, your story name and your age.
5. This competition is for KIDS only. It is not open to adults.
6. Entries must be stories. Poems and plays are not acceptable for this competition.
7. Entries must be in English.
8. Writers must be under 18 years of age.
9. Stories MUST be copied and pasted into the body of the email. They MUST NOT be sent as an attachment. Your entry should look like this:
We suggest your read the Frequently Asked Questions here:
The top selected entries will be published in an e-book anthology.
To view the e-book and winning entries from a previous competition click here.
All competition participants will receive a certificate.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY AS PER THE GUIDELINES ABOVE
Happy writing and good luck:)